Wednesday 22 April 2009

acetate





I did some work with acetate, the pieces I think work quite well... if I hadn't used the wrong acetate. Ha, bad times.

But I actually got some things out of it that I really liked, love flukes. they're brilliant. So the top two photos have simply been layered over each other. 

 I am trying to figure out whether there is more feeling and texture to work that is literally layered with acetate or whether photoshop layers work equally as well. I am very dubious. I think acetate is Gods gift to layering photographs. So here are some crap quality photos.

The images of the legs, I went over them with my finger to smudge them to see what would happen. I really like the affect it has created. I like the idea behind it too,

Digitally taken, manually edited, digitally printed.

I'm going to try that one again, whether it will work with inkjet acetate is another question. I may need to keep using laserjet and then photographing it afterwards. I am intrigued!

No comments:

Post a Comment