Friday 24 April 2009

the battle continues

So I have done a few experiments with photoshop and layering photo's over one another, I am going to try the same images with acetate and then figure out which images I prefer.

Then I am going to finally get people to photograph and go from there which means better quality and better image, more control over what I get and so on and so forth.

Really excited about it.

Just because I loved it....

I was having a moment of self-loathing on the tube yesterday as I recalled a particularly drunken misadventure and without meaning to I groaned and hit myself in the head a few times with my book, saying: “Idiot, idiot, idiot.” Everyone on the tube turned and starred. I realised that must be what it’s like to be mad. The voice in your head becomes so overwhelming that it requires action.

I was thinking about insanity after a 30-year-old lady came into A&E last week covered from head to toe in her own shit. She was clearly psychotic. We had to sedate her to clean her up because every time we tried to wipe any of it away she would flail and scream, agonised. She was very attached to it. Still a little stinky, she was inconsolable about no longer being covered in her own feces in the examination. Eventually, we learnt what had happened. Her husband had died six weeks previously launching her into a psychotic episode where the voices in her head convinced her that her husband was not dead but inside of her. She desperately tried not to shit, becoming toxically constipated, but eventually her bowels would explode in protest, so she would scoop it up and smear it over her body trying to preserve every last pellet of her husband. It was utterly tragic and part of me wished that we had scraped her shit into a little jar to take home with her. - DR MONA MOORE

http://www.viceland.com/wp/2009/04/bollocks-to-the-hippocratic-oath-hearing-voices/

No comments:

Post a Comment