Monday 30 March 2009

Beautiful People

"An idea for narrative content which needs developing, im not sure if it has enough weight yet.....The predicament and position of love, sensitivity and sentimentality within todays 'dating' society, the sought of world inspired by tv shows like Sex and the City. When people are in the position to think that when they are not having a sexual relationship with someone there life is a failure of some soughts....But this culture trend along with the fear of commitment and drinking culture inspires relationships to end before they've begun....But do these people involved with these fast relationships/one night stands/fuck buddies ever miss the people they have been with....To stubborn to be regretful perhaps maybe this what spurs them on to the next quick fix....I'd like to investigate what these men and women could really be thinking about one another but would never admit to perhaps not even to them selves.

Within these next few posts i'll be using women as models, in farely sexually exploitative manner to perhaps represent how people want to see how these relationships went rather than the way they did. But then hopefully I will experiment with a few more romantic styled situations.....to stylise will a bit more challenging." - http://pfg84.blogspot.com/

This is him writing about the line of thought he wants to take with his art work. He is so negative about himself and others, yet one of the most beautiful people I know. I  feel like sometimes he misses out on how beautiful things and people can be. I think so many of us waste our talents and beauty by being paranoid about others perception of ourselves. I swear todays society brings out the worst in us. I find myself so often thinking vindictive things about people because I think that they are thinking negatively about me. Then I just feel profoundly guilty. It's a shame we can't seem to be more honest with ourselves and each other to inspire a little more confidence in relationships that 'end before they begin'.

In respect to him wondering whether people ever 'miss the people they have been with'. I know I have met someone briefly, so briefly, yet felt a profound connection and miss them, which in theory is ridiculous because I have only met them once before. But I just find myself thinking about this guy called Tom repeatedly. I only went on several dates with him a few years ago. We don't know each other virtually at all, but I just find myself repeatedly wondering how he is or what he is upto. Bit silly really.

But then again if we cannot figure out why we think about people or what feelings they inspired in us during the relationship, how are we really expected to know how we feel about someone after it happens? We change as we grow and so surely, so do our feelings and emotions? Surely that includes our perceptions? Which would therefore affect the way we percieve the relationships we have had in the past? 

Maybe it's like depression. It's a chemical reaction in the brain. When you pull yourself out of it your less likely to remember what you were thinking/seeing/believing when you were depressed. Time is a healer, but even more so, our minds have the power to block out painful experiences. More to this, if there is a chemical reaction ocurring in your brain obscurring the memories and experiences then surely that is going to warp the way we see the relationships and experiences even more so? 

So if we think of love/lust/fear/hatred in the same sense as depression (or being drunk, as being drunk works in the same way) then surely were even less likely to percieve said relationships in the same manner as when we were feeling those powerful emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment